Friday, March 27, 2009

Uglies, Pretties, Specials by Scott Westerfeld

"Uglies is the first book of the trilogy. The second book is Pretties and the third is Specials. It's about a world in which everyone has an operation when they turn sixteen, making them supermodel beautiful. Big eyes, full lips, no one fat or skinny. This seems like a good thing, but it's not. Especially if you're one of the uglies, a bunch of radical teens who've decided they want to keep their own faces. (How anti-social of them.)"

This trilogy is no longer a trilogy since the forth book, Extras, has been published. Extras is still for the Library to acquire though.

By the same author, we already have Peeps (vampires again) and it's sequel The last days in the MS library. I am reading Peeps at the moment, and I think I would have liked it more if I was a teenager, the author tries a little too hard to sound like someone "cool" for my liking.

Uglies was checked out the moment it arrived, so I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment