Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I am sure not many people have been able to avoid Stephenie Meyers extremely successful books about the vampire Edward and human Bella in the Twilight series. The HS library acquired the series last semester and they have been on constant waiting lists since then. We now have 2 copies of the two first novels, Twilight and New Moon to reduce the waiting a little.

The Host is Meyers first novel intended for a grown up audience. Aliens, called souls, has invaded the earth and the soul Wanderer is placed in the body of the human Melanie. Melanie is among the few humans left on the earth and she refuses to leave her body. The impossible happens, and they become friends.

I thought this book was a bit slow in the beginning, but after some time I really enjoyed it.

9 comments:

  1. I have to agree about The Host beign slow to get into. I started it, put it aside, then began to read again from the beginning. Stay with it! I enjoyed this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon - thanks - I did finish and now I'm hoping for a sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just wondering whether the book is in the library or not. I would like to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon - yes we do have it - but it is currently checked out. Come to the library and make a reservation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it's out because i just checked it out yesterday evening. Thank you! It was so boring in the beginning but now, it's starting to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you could bring in more books by stephenie Meyer, of Meg Cabot. I'm sure they would be quite popular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephenie Meyer hasn't written more books than we already got as far as I know. (the twilight series + the host) and we have 12 books by Meg Cabot - most of them in the MS library. But if you want to suggest some specific titles by Med Cabot - I will happily take a look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh okay, then I'll take a look. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete